What a choice!
This 979 m2 LMR property provides a great opportunity to secure an exclusive coastal village lifestyle within easy commuting distance to Brisbane city, or develop as an outstanding investment.
Positioned in an enviable location, this property is just 300 metres to the stunning waters of Moreton Bay, or an even shorter stroll to cafes and local shops at the other end of the street.
Located in the sought-after bayside hamlet of Sandgate and zoned LMR (low medium residential) the allotment has side access and presents a multitude of development options for the astute buyer:
– Build two to three multi-unit dwellings at rear (units or townhouses)
– Build a second house behind the existing one
– Renovate the existing character home and enjoy an exceptional lifestyle with a backyard large enough for the kids to play cricket
– Utilise the 20m frontage and prime location next to local shops to run a home business
The existing extra-large home is of solid build, in excellent condition, and is literally a renovators dream.
While in need of a cosmetic revamp, it contains many charming original features such as 10 ft ceilings, VJ walls and ceilings, French doors, lead lighting, picture rails and built in cabinetry.
Other features of the home include:
– Multiple entertainment rooms
– 4 good sized bedrooms
– Large eat-in kitchen
– Massive enclosed veranda with the option to re-open it to restore its former glory and make the most of the fresh water breezes
– Rear balcony overlooking exceptionally large backyard
– Drive through garage with garage doors at either end, to accommodate 4 cars
– Storage and/or workshop under house
However you capitalise on this unique property, you cannot miss the opportunity to buy into the picturesque seaside village of Sandgate.
It is truly Brisbane’s “hidden gem by the Bay” and offers a huge range of recreational activities including kite and windsurfing on the waterfront, fishing, bike trails, a yacht club, tennis, squash, golf club, 2 lagoons, sporting fields, municipal swimming pool, a thriving theatre company and a range of cultural and community activities that make the most of the gorgeous bayside promenade.
Just 16km north of Brisbane CBD, Sandgate is an easy 30 minute commute by train, has an excellent bus service, local schools with great reputations, and is just a quick 15 minute drive to the largest shopping centre in Queensland, Westfield Chermside.
Because it’s located on the peninsular, Sandgate doesn’t experience any through-traffic and due to limited land expansion opportunities, will always be considered a “village”.
It is the perfect oasis for a relaxed seaside lifestyle, yet so close to the city and with every amenity at your fingertips.
Properties with potential like this in such a unique location are extremely rare – don’t miss this investment and lifestyle opportunity!
Expressions of Interest Close, 3.00 pm Tuesday 25th February 2014
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionally purposes.